- Client & Funder: Ministry of Social and Community Development, Culture and Gender Affairs (MSCDCGA)
- Country: St. Kitts and Nevis
- Year: 2014-2015
On the second week of September 2014, Ayala Consulting Corporation was hired by the Government of St. Kitts and Nevis, through the Ministry of Social and Community Development, Culture and Gender Affairs (MSCDCGA), to provide direct technical assistance to fully operationalize the country’s Single Household Registry (SHR).
As part of the consultancy, Ayala Consulting Corporation will:
- Assess the existing social protection programs and IT systems;
- Develop a Proxy Means Test (PMT) formula for St. Kitts and Nevis’s cash transfer programs (Food Vouchers, Social Protection, Compassionate Grant, School Uniforms, and Health and Education Universal Programs) for the categorisation of households according to poverty levels allowing transparent identification of beneficiaries according to the eligibility criteria of each program;
- Prepare the Operations Manual, Technical Annexes and Training Materials needed for the use and management of the Management Information System software that will operationalize the SHR;
- Prepare technical and functional specifications of the software application, develop each module and interfaces, and test the MIS modules;
- Train the personnel and conduct a field test of the MIS; and
- Provide remote maintenance.
The contract will have a duration of 2 years.
- Sector: Social protection.
- Target population: Poor households.
- Program type: Single registry.
- Type of consultancy: Ex-ante assessment and design proposal, Proxy Means Test, Detailed design, Management information system.
News from St. Kitts: