- Client & Funder: UNICEF Kenya.
- Country: Kenya.
- Year: 2006-2008
Conceptual and Operational design of the Pilot Project directed to 5,000 beneficiary families. Design parameters: objectives, eligibility criteria, level of payments, conditions, exiting scheme, re-certification and projects cycle: targeting, enrollment, payments, conditionalities, case management, and monitoring.
Design of an operating manual, including technical annexes: targeting, enrolment, conditionalities, financial guide, kinds of benefits, amounts and payment systems, budget and financial management.
Development of the program’s organizational structure.
Development of the program’s information system, including administrative, targeting, enrolment, payments, conditionalities and monitoring indicators modules.
Technical assistance during program implementation: training to personnel at the Ministry’s Coordinating Unit and District Offices; supervision of field procedures; review of materials and later modifications on field testing.
Preparation of logistic plans and budgets required for each stage of program implementation.
Participation in workshops and conferences related to the program and support in the preparation of the strategic document aimed at expanding the program to include 100,000 families.
- Sector: Social Protection.
- Target population: HIV/AIDS affected households.
- Program Type: Cash transfer, Conditional cash transfer.
- Type of Consultancy: Ex-ante assessment and design proposal, Detailed design, Technical assistance during implementation, Monitoring, Implementation management, Management information system.