- Client: Government of Panama.
- Funder: Inter-American Development Bank (IDB).
- Country: Panama.
- Years: 2007-2008.
Design of the Conditional Cash Transfers Program, including design parameters: objectives, eligibility criteria, levels of payment, conditions, exiting scheme, re-certification; and project cycle: focalization, enrolment, payments, conditions and case studies.
Preparation of the Conditional Cash Transfers Operating Manual with the pertinent technical annexes, forms, guides and training materials.
Technical assistance to the Ministry of Social Development concerning program implementation process. To this end, implementation plans were prepared, Ministry’s personnel were trained and support was provided to the implementation of the enrolment of beneficiaries’ processes, payments systems, control of conditionalities and case management.
Technical Assistance in the design and implementation of the family assistance component, on the evaluation of competences in the supply and implementation of the monitoring system.
Participation as counterpart of the firm Easy Social Systems charged with installing and start-up of the management information system for the program.
- Sector: Social Protection.
- Target population: Poor households.
- Program Type: Cash transfer, Conditional cash transfer.
- Type of Consultancy: Detailed design, Technical assistance during implementation.